WINDOWS users - Windows 10 | 25th January, 2018
Windows 10 Updater v1709 Fixed!: Fix for Academy and Full English and German languages
This message only applies to users with Academy Edition and Full English and German Synergy programs incompatibility issues with the Windows 10 “Fall Creator” update. If you have another version of Windows, you are not affected and can ignore this message.
If you currently have a technical problem with Synergy programs and you have already updated to the current Windows 10 v.1709 “Fall Creators” CLICK HERE to download and install the latest versions of MacRepertory 126.96.36.199 and ReferenceWorks* 188.8.131.52. Scroll down to the section entitled “Windows 7 (32/64 bit) and above”.
1. Click on Install MacRepertory and/or Install ReferenceWorks green buttons.
2. Download the required installers.
3. When download is complete, go to your Downloads folder in your computer, unzip the installers and run them from the new regular folders that has been created.
This should solve the problem. No uninstall necessary
If you have blocked the Windows 10 update or rolled back to a previous version of Windows 10, you can simply update your MacRepertory and ReferenceWorks by starting the programs and clicking on Help menu – Check for Updates – Check Now and update to the latest versions
MacRepertory 184.108.40.206 and ReferenceWorks* 220.127.116.11. Both MacRepertory and ReferenceWorks will run in Windows 10 latest update 1709.
*Important note regarding the Complete Repertory for ReferenceWorks ReferenceWorks cannot allow more than 2 Complete Repertories in the Index, therefore we had to replace older Complete Repertory with ‘dummy files’. If you do not currently own the Complete 2017 Repertory in ReferenceWorks, please CLICK HERE to follow the instructions for re-installing your older Complete Repertory after installing ReferenceWorks.
Please note that re-instating your older Complete Repertory will replace Complete 2017 Repertory with a ‘dummy’ file so if you own Complete 2017 Repertory, please do not run older Complete Repertory installer.
UNBLOCK: When you have successfully completed the installation of your Synergy Programs you may now unblock the Windows 10 “Fall Creator” updater by reversing the steps you previously followed.
Windows 10 Update Advisory: Users are advised to delay updating to Windows 10 version 1709 "Fall Creators" update
There is a technical problem with the current Windows 10 v.1709 “Fall Creators” update that is being slowly released by Microsoft. It could render your Synergy programs inoperable. This only applies to Windows 10. If you have another version of Windows, you are not affected. If you are planning to upgrade to Win 10 or already use it, we are recommending that you block the 1709 Fall Creators update.
Depending on which version of Windows 10 you have, please follow the steps below to block the update. If you have the HOME version of Win10, your best bet involves setting your internet connection to “metered” – the setting that’s intended to indicate that you pay for internet access by the bit.
DISCLAIMER: There’s no guarantee this approach will always work; you have to rely on Microsoft’s promise that they will automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly. Please follow the instructions below for your version of Windows 10.
Directions for Blocking Windows 10 Pro Update
Here are the Windows 10 PRO instructions. For HOME skip to the next section. If you are viewing this on a cell phone use landscape view (wide) to see images.
1. Begin by checking in the lower left hand corner of the screen (known as Cortana)
2. Click in the box and type “winver”. You will see something like this. Press Enter.
3. In the lower left corner type “Settings” and press Enter.
4. The Windows Settings will open
5. Click in the box and type “check for updates”.
6. Scroll down to Advanced options and click on it.
7. Scroll down to Pause Updates
8. Click on the button to turn ON. This will pause the update for up to 35 days.
You are done.
Please wait for an all clear announcement from Synergy to repeat this process and turn the update back ON.
Directions for blocking Windows 10 HOME Edition
For Windows 10 Home follow these steps:
1. In the lower left corner of the screen, type “Settings” and press Enter.
2. Windows Settings will open
3. Click in the box and type “Network and Internet” and press Enter.
4. Click on “Change Connection Properties”
5. Click the Metered Connection button ON.
You are done and will not receive the update.
Please wait to receive an all clear announcement from Synergy when it is safe to turn it back on again using these same steps.